** STAGE 2 DROUGHT RESTRICTIONS ***
Please do your part to CONSERVE water! Observe the watering schedule!
Here are some water conservation tips:
• Check faucets and pipes for leaks
• Don’t use the toilet as an ashtray or wastebasket
• Check your toilets for leaks
• Use your water meter to check for hidden water leaks
• Install water-saving shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators
• Put plastic bottles or float booster in your toilet tank
• Insulate your water pipes.
• Take shorter showers.
• Turn off the water after you wet your toothbrush
• Rinse your razor in the sink
• Use your dishwasher and clothes washer for only full loads
• Minimize use of kitchen sink garbage disposal units
• When washing dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running for rinsing
• Don’t let the faucet run while you clean vegetables
• Keep a bottle of drinking water in the fridge.
• Plant drought-resistant lawns, shrubs and plants
• Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants
• Don’t water the gutter
• Water your lawn only when it needs it
• Deep-soak your lawn
• Water during the early parts of the day; avoid watering when it’s windy
• Add organic matter and use efficient watering systems for shrubs, flower beds and lawns
• Don’t run the hose while washing your car
• Use a broom, not a hose, to clean driveways and sidewalks
• Check for leaks in pipes, hoses, faucets and couplings